- Lives in: Houston, Texas
- Weight Class: 154 pounds. Super-Welterweight/ Junior Middleweight
- Coach: Rafael Medina Sr
- Club Affiliation: Clutch City Boxing
- Amateur Record: 120 wins 20 loses
How did you get involved in boxing?
I was a chubby kid and my father began training me in boxing at the age of 7 to get me in shape. The training was a wake up call but at the same time I loved it. At the age of 8, I began boxing as an amateur and as the years go on I find myself falling more and more in love with the art of boxing.
What do you like most about boxing?
I honestly don’t believe there is anything to dislike about boxing. It allows me to improve my health, satisfy my competitive nature, test my limits, and bond with my father all at the same time.
What are your goals inside and outside of the ring?
To become a world champion and live a long, happy life alongside my loved ones.
Relax, listen to music and pray, it’s just another day to me at this point.
What is your greatest strength in the ring?
Having 13 years of experience , I find it easy to adjust to awkward and difficult situations.
Who has been your biggest inspiration and why?
My father, because he has always been an amazing, hard working, tough, role model, while still showing that loving side a dad should. Truly everything I strive to be when it comes to being a man.
Did you ever play any other sports?
Not much other than swimming and running, although I do enjoy watching most contact sports.
- 2007-2015 Houston Golden Gloves Youth Champion
- 2011 National Silver Gloves Finalist
- 2008-2016 HORN Tournament Champion
- 2008-2016 Games of Texas Boxing Champion
- 2016 Houston Golden Gloves Senior /Open Division Champion
- 2016 Texas State Champion
- 2016 National Golden Gloves Finalist, 2nd place
What motivates you the most?
The dream of providing for my family, while living the dream of being a world champion.
What are 5 things most people don’t know about you?
- I plan on majoring in philosophy
- I’ve never been to a party or club
- I graduated in the top 10% of my high school graduating class
- I prefer swimming over running
- I have a boxing gym at home